Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Blog's Reading Level ... hmm

I found this cool site that calculates the readability of your blog so of course I had to try it out.

This blog - my year of reading that will turn into a lifetime of reading - is ...

blog readability test

Ok, that's sad. So then I checked my other blog, the one I do for my book club. That blog is ...

blog readability test

I don't get it! I write about the same things on both blogs ... I use the same type of language on both blogs ... but one is "high school" and one is "junior high school." So much for trusting the internet! ~LOL~

As a side note, I mentioned this to my mom and she thought it was great. She says it means that I'm not talking over peoples heads. She also said that this is why she always calls me for help with things she doesn't understand - because I don't talk down to her and I explain things patiently and repeatedly until she gets it. Wow, thanks Mom!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evidently my blog is at a high school level. I've never been good about NOT talking over people's heads.

Lezlie said...

You have a very smart mom!

Lezlie

Brigindo said...

Hi I'm visiting from NCLM. What a fabulous idea for a blog! I have the summer off and I'm getting back into reading fiction (I have to read a lot of work-related material during the academic year). I just read Empire Falls and really enjoyed it.

As for reading levels, I hope you realize that the NY Times is set at an 8th grade reading level.

Pepper said...

Don't feel bad; my blog's reading level is elementary school! :o)

NCLM

Ti said...

What a TRIP! I put mine in and got a "high school" rating. It scans it so quickly. It must look for certain vocabulary words or maybe even scan URL re-directs. Not really sure what it all means though. I wasn't any more sophisticated in High School than I was in Jr. High.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Thanks for posting this - so fun! I feel so smart - I post at a college level :) (I think it is because I use exclamation marks sparingly)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone. FYI, I read a bit of each of your blogs ... so far, this little quizzy thing has been pretty accurate I think. ~LOL~

Carrie Ann Miller said...

I think the SdS blog gets a higher level because of all the links to other reviews and sites within your discussion. that, and you do a ton of research for SdS....
I give you an A++!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Hi Carrie Ann! Glad you dropped in. :) See you Sunday.

(for the rest of you reading this, she's in my book club)

Bybee said...

I got the same rating...Jr. High School. Figured it was all the swears I use. But if Jr. High means clear and easy to understand, then I'll consider it a compliment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin