Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Results of my Bookmark Poll, and Read at Work!

For the past month or so I've been running a poll over in my right sidebar. A total of 70 people voted; since you could choose more than one option, there are 79 total votes. Here's a recap of the results ...

What do you use to mark your place in a book?
  • A traditional bookmark = 20 votes = 28%
  • a clip-on bookmark = 5 votes = 7%
  • a turned-down page corner = 9 votes = 12%
  • whatever is handy at the time = 39 votes = 55%
  • other = 6 votes = 8%
In case you're curious, MY answers were a turned-down page corner (shame on me, I know, but I only do that in used books) or whatever is handy at the time.

Personally, I'm curious about the OTHER answers. I really wanted responders to be able to fill in their OTHER answer, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. As for me, I use a paper clips sometimes, and my dad always uses rubber bands which he stretches around the binding of the book and between the pages he wants to mark - have you ever heard of anyone else doing that?!

What's the weirdest thing you ever used as a bookmark? My honest answer - and this goes along with "whatever is handy at the time" - is a travel sized sanitary napkin, the kind in the yellow wrapper, that I had in my purse. Yep, that's pretty odd (and probably more than you really wanted to know about me). Do you have a better one?

...

I came across a cool post at Kimbooktu about a great way to read while you're at work. You've got to check it out! My only wish is that there were more books on there.

...

I left for Boston today for a busy wedding weekend but I still managed to bring along several books. I'm hoping for at least SOME reading time! Here's what I brought:
We'll see how far I get with those ...

Oh, and I promise to post a few pics of kiddo as the ring bearer. I can't wait to show you the cool shirt we got for him!

1 comment:

Ti said...

I mentioned this on my blog, but I have used a strip of toilet paper as a bookmark. More than once too.

I checked out that Read at Work site. That is too funny. No one would ever guess you were reading for pleasure.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin