Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tag Update & IComLeavWe

We got back from Boston this morning completely exhausted from a crazy wedding weekend. I'll have a picture or two to post later on, once I've downloaded my camera. FYI, kiddo was completely adorable as the ring bearer. Oh, and I drank WAY too much the night of the wedding (usually one or two drinks is the limit for me ... this time I lost count at 6!) and was completely miserable the next day. Stupid, stupid, stupid ... but so much fun at the time! I got a bit of reading done and should finish Unholy Grail within the next day or so. Keep an eye out for my review, and for pics from the wedding, over the next few days!

Tag Update


I added some new tags to my posts and I want to take a quick minute to explain them. All my book reviews were always tagged BOOK REVIEW. Now they will also include one of the following: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Memoir, Graphic Novel, or Creative Non-Fiction.

What is Creative Non-Fiction? According to one website:
Creative Nonfiction may include dramatized biography, compilations of articles and essays and book-length memoirs. CNF must go beyond an expression of the self. The personal experiences should connect with the rest of the world and include some kind of research (i.e. secondary research of primary research where the writer interviews other people about the experience) and thus connects the personal experience to the rest of the world. CNF includes such fiction techniques as dialogue, description, point of view and character development.
So if you are looking for a particular type of book I think my tags will make it easier to find something you're interested in. Let me know what you think!


IComLeavWe

The sign up list is open now! Join us for a week of intense blog reading and comment leaving at the end of July. Click on the button below for details or to sign up.


IComLeavWe


IComLeavWe: Join the Conversation


That's all for now!

2 comments:

Nan said...

I was so surprised to read your post because I have been thinking about the same thing. Though my blog isn't all book reviews, still I thought I might begin to categorize the 'book reports' I write in case a reader was interested in something particular. How do you get that list on your sidebar? I'll bet you have a 'special' blog template - not from blogger??

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Hi Nan -

Click on this link, then scroll to the comment section. I asked for help making that tag cloud and one of my lovely commentors was kind enough to help out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin