Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, October 31, 2008

October Summary

Happy Halloween to all!

And now the monthly summary ...

Books – 5 (1,715 pages)

Plus one short story: My Mother, the Crazy African (6 pages)

My TBR list gained 27 titles this month plus 5 more for kiddo.

Audio Books - 1

  • The Glass Castle - to be discussed at book club on 11/15 (11 hrs, 14 min)
  • and I'm still listening to Book 10 of The Wheel of Time series (see my left sidebar)
Mom & Son Book Club
  • no meetings but we continue to read The Ark, The Reed, and the Fire Cloud (mentioned here) - kiddo really enjoys it, especially since the main character has a Scottish accent that I do my darndest to replicate ...
Challenges – 2 in progress
  • The Lost Books Challenge - reading books related to the TV show "Lost" - I'm almost finished my first book, have started my second, and have three more to go before the new season starts in February
  • The 1% Well Read Challenge - reading 10 books from the list of 1,001 Books to Read Before You Die - I've completed 4.5 books and have 5.5 to finish before the end of February
In reality, this month was the busiest in my recent memory. Between kiddo's school activities, my entire company moving to a new building and hosting an important client meeting, fall festivals and pumpkin patches, an unexpected trip and a death in the family, old friends in town, and three book-blog related events (1 and 2 and 3) I'm exhausted in every sense of the word. I keep telling myself November will be more relaxed but somehow I doubt it ...

So ... what was YOUR October like?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin