Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thanks for the awards (belatedly ...)

I've received a few bloggy awards over the past several months and I've been remiss in thanking the givers and posting about them.


Babette's Book Blog awarded me the Honest Scrap, which asks me to post 10 honest things about myself.
  1. Kiddo got 6 stitches in his head last week ... and it was my fault.  We were wrestling on my bed and when he grabbed my legs I slammed them down onto the mattress ... or so I thought.  He was hanging on and laughing until his head slammed into the corner of the bed frame.  I still feel horrible!
  2. I do very well in emergency situations (like #1).  I don't panic and I can think clearly and organize whatever needs to be done.
  3. I'm the Den Leader for Kiddo's Cub Scout Den.  I love doing this but I can't stand the uniform I have to wear - I look like a complete nerd. LOL
  4. I play Farmville ... a lot.  If you are my friend on Facebook and you haven't learned how to hide the Farmville posts I probably drive you crazy.  Just ask me and I'll tell you how to get rid of those posts.
  5. I love jewelry that coordinates with what I'm wearing.  It doesn't have to be expensive jewelry, and I don't care about other kinds of fashion, but I really do love jewelry.
  6. My birthday is coming up in just a few weeks.
  7. I like public speaking.  I still get nervous before getting in front of large crowds, but I genuinely enjoy the experience as a whole.
  8. My mom is the only person who has ever cut my hair.  She is a stylist and I trust her completely.  Only once has she ever done something that I didn't like, and it was a style that I thought I wanted.
  9. There is a mouse living under the stove in my kitchen.  I need to get rid of it but I feel bad setting a trap for it.  
  10. I feel so blessed to still have one set of grandparents.  They are now 86 and 92 and not in the best of health, so I treasure the time I have with them.  I love that Kiddo is getting to know his great-grandparents as "people" not just as "old people," if you know what I mean.


Miss Remmers' Review  and eclectic/eccentric both gave me the Xxtraordinary Blogger Award, meaning I have to share one extraordinary thing that has happened to me.

When I was (I think) in middle school my family took a trip to the Statue of Liberty.  We had a great time and took lots of pictures.  After we left we realized we had somehow left behind a backpack with our sweaters and camera inside.  When we got back to Maryland my mom wrote a letter to the lost and found at the Statue of Liberty describing the backpack and its contents.  We figured that was the end of the story, but about 6 months later a box arrived from New York - with all our items inside!  It was so amazing to realize that nothing had been stolen, and it was a real treat to develop the film in the camera and relive the trip all those months later.


I appreciate all my readers and would love to learn more about you!  Feel free to grab the buttons and post 10 honest things or 1 extraordinary thing (or both) on your blog.

14 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Great post, loved reading your list! As for the mouse, I bet you can order a humane trap that will capture the little guy(or girl) so that you can set it free.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Kate - You are probably right. Thanks for the suggestion!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

6 stitches!! Even though I'm sure it's painful now, I think this will be one of those stories that you laugh about...a loooooong time from now anyway. Wow. Poor Kiddo!

Elisabeth said...

#2 & #7 - Me too! ;-)

bermudaonion said...

I was a Den Leader one year and I never bought the shirt - I kept forgetting! Congratulations on your awards!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Trish - You know, it really wasn't that bad. Lots of blood (LOTS!!!) but not a ton of pain. Kiddo stayed perfectly still when they sewed him up (thank GOD for super-strength numbing cream!) and just as still when they took the stitches out yesterday. He's liking his scar. :)

Elisabeth - See now, and I thought I was the only one! LOL

bermudaonion - It took me 2.5 years to buy it myself, but I finally gave in. And thanks!

Erin said...

It's kind of you to offer assistance in hiding Farmville posts! I will admit they drove me nuts from my own friends, so I went on a quest to figure out how to disarm them :-)

It was fun to read all these tidbits!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Wow, how fabulous and fortunate that your backpack was actually returned to you -- and that you were able to develop the film in the camera! So cool.

Alyce said...

I'm glad your son is ok. I hate it when things like that happen. I still cringe thinking about some of the accidents I've had like that.

My mom used to be a hair stylist too. She quit a few years back and became the entertainment director for a nursing home. Up until then she was the only one who cut my hair too. Now it's just too hard to find the time to drive three hours to get my hair done, so I go to a local lady. It's just not the same though. :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Erin - Before I started playing Farmville those posts drove me nuts too!

Meg - Crazy, right?!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Alyce - Yeah, I'm dreading that day for sure. As it is, my mom just left to stay with her parents for several months and I had her cut my hair REALLY short so I'd make it until she got back. :)

Marie Cloutier said...

congrats on your award- that's a great list!

Trisha said...

Yay for awards! And yay for honest people!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Marie - Thanks - glad you enjoyed it!

Trisha - Thanks so much for the award. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin